Skip to main content

MY PREGNANCY STORY...IT WAS LIKE A TLC STORY PART. 3

 

Hey Mamas!

 One Sunday, I got up and decided to clean my closet, as it was starting to feel too clustered, and while I was cleaning my closet I saw this black two-piece set my mom bought me before lockdown that I had not tried on since the time I got it. I tried it on and as I looked in the mirror to see what it looked like on my body, I noticed my belly is just poking out abnormally. At first, I thought it was the mirror doing strange things, so I went to the kitchen and looked into our microwave and fridge's mirrors and I still looked pregnant. I then decided to take a side view video and I send it to my partner and asked him if I looked pregnant in a jokingly fashion, he did not take it as a joke and told me straight up I looked pregnant, but I brushed him off though it stayed at the back of my mind.

Later on, while I was taking a bath I decided to squeeze one of my boobies, in my mind, I was like, if something came out I should consider the fact that I might be pregnant, however, if nothing came out I was good nothing to worry about. I proceeded to squeeze the booby and something came out, I laughed all by myself in the bathroom because I was in such disbelief, I was just like WTH!  I did not panic because I think I was still in denial. When I got dressed, the outfit I was wearing was also acting out and my bump was poking even more. I was wearing jeggings and a turtleneck, normally this outfit would not be too figure-hugging but that day it hugged that figure. I remember thinking I have a potbelly but I know my belly is not this big.

I went to the market to go visit my partner while he was working, and as I was walking towards him, I jokingly waddled like a pregnant woman to him, and he was just like "you look pregnant" and it was at that moment that I finally accepted that I was pregnant.

After that conversation, I did not need confirmation, but I knew I had to get to the doctor’s office as soon as possible because  I was so worried about the baby based on all the things I had been doing for the past few months, everything that happened and I had so much anxiety because I had not planned to have the baby so soon but  I did not want to lose and go through another miscarriage because I knew that this time I was going to be too hard on myself had anything happened to this baby.

The following day, I made my appointment with my other doctor (not the depo one) and I got an appointment for the following day. On the day of the appointment, I went and told the doctor every single thing, I thought it was necessary to not leave anything out because the details were crucial for the sake of the baby.

The doctor made me take a pregnancy test and it immediately showed two lines and confirmed the pregnancy. The doctor told me that if it does that, I could be far in the pregnancy already. She checked my blood pressure and all and I was in good health. She then checked the baby and as she was pressing my stomach, she noticed that the baby was already very big. She then measured my belly and the tape indicated that I was already 24 weeks pregnant, which is 6 months, I was an entire 6 months pregnant you guys and I had no idea.

The doctor then called my gynecologist and requested the earliest appointment I could get because we had to attend to this baby as soon as possible.  I got an appointment for the following day and I was relieved that I least got the first appointment, I just needed to stay calm for the next couple of hours until I saw what was going on with the baby.

I was so worried about this child because I just wanted her to be as healthy as possible given the circumstances. I was barely worried about how I was gonna take care of her or even telling my parents, in fact, that night my mom asked me what the doctor had said and I had originally intended to tell her that night but she was so preoccupied with her phone I got annoyed with her because I wanted to tell her where it was just me and her first but I changed my mind and decided to tell her when I got back from the gynecologist. 

The first and only person I ended up  telling that night was my cousin( the one who got harassed by the mouse) I told her that, that mouse was mine

But I told her not to tell a soul until the next day, which was a risk because baby girl struggles with keeping secrets.

The next day I got up early and my partner and I went to the doctor, I left my house without telling my mother where I was going. I did not want to answer questions yet and she was still asleep, so we went and we waited hours for the doctor to come ( he is a very busy doctor and he had emergencies) so to keep that the nerves down I remember my partner and I were debating whether the baby was a girl or a boy, obviously mommy knows best and I just knew since day one that all this drama belonged to a little girl.

 The doctor finally arrived and I explained everything to him and just like the GP he also pointed out that the baby was big, as soon as he saw my bump.  He then switched on the scan and checked her heartbeat and it was so strong, I was so relieved when I heard it because I finally knew that she was okay. He continued to measure her head and everything, I do not know who can relate but I did not see a thing he showed me on that screen.

As he continued checking her out, he then revealed her gender based on the fact that she had her business out there for us to see, but when it came to seeing her face, the baby had her face hidden. The doctor tried all angles but moghel was dodging that scan like nobody’s business, we did not even get a picture because she was hiding it. I remember she peeped at us so fast and turned her head so fast, it was a precious moment for us, and all I was happy about was that she was perfectly healthy.

The time came for me to let everyone know that they were gonna be grannies and grandpas. I was nervous that my mother was going to be super mad this time around.  After my appointment, the gynae had sent me to take my blood samples for glucose, etc. On my way to the labs, my mom called, at the same time I realized I had 3 missed calls from her, and when  I answered, babes, started yelling and shot all kinds of questions at me, where are you? Why am I getting notifications from the medical?  What is going on? Why did you leave the house without telling me? who am I to you

I was just quietly waiting for her to let me talk, when she did I told her that  I was at the gynecologist and that I would tell her what was going on when I got home. That did not fly with her, she wanted to know then and there what was going on, so I had to break the news over the phone that I was pregnant lol although  I think she already knew she just needed confirmation because she had also noticed the changes in my body.

 After that she told me to come home asap, in the meantime, she called her sisters and it all became super dramatic. My cousin called me and she told me they asked her if she knew and that I should prepare myself because when I get home I will be walking into an emergency family meeting, chile. That was the first emergency family meeting in the history of our family, we do not do emergency family meetings.

 I finished at the blood lab and headed home. When I got home and I found my mom on the phone with my aunt still and now she was quiet and all that whoop whoop that she was doing on the phone was gone.

I then decided to let her know that, I was not keeping the pregnancy a secret, I simply did not know and I wanted to come to her with all the information and a solid plan to take care of the baby. She understood and I just think that essentially she was hurt because she thought I had kept it a secret all this time.

When all my aunts arrived, I told them the same thing I told my mother and once all of that dust settled, they were excited and started planning the baby shower and that same day the baby even got her name. My aunt said she liked the name Zimkhitha and it was also my first choice so I thought it was meant to be because she did not know that I was considering the name and it was one of the first times we agreed on something like that so I knew its meant to be.

After that day of finding out, everything was calm, I went to all my appointments and the baby girl remained hidden I only have one  scan and video of her, but I had the best pregnancy, I well was taken care of, I was treated like a baby before I had a baby, I am blessed to have everyone that contributed to making my life as easy as possible especially during such a transitioning time.

We are finally done with the pregnancy story, but we still have more content to explore as motherhood is a never ending journey.


From Me to You with big love 

uMama khaZimkhitha  


                                                                 Comment_Like_Share




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY PREGNANCY STORY...IT WAS LIKE A TLC STORY PART. 1

 Hey Mamas ! I was thinking of the best way to begin our blossoming relationship on this Mommy So Cool blog and I figured we should take it back to how it all started. I am going to tell you my pregnancy story, trust me it is a good one so I suggest you grab some popcorn and some milk for the baby and read on. I am going to start from the very beginning before the time I conceived, this background information is vital in highlighting the unusual events before the pregnancy. Disclaimer: a whole lot of vomit talk   This is simply to give you a glimpse of where my mindset was, at the time. It was the year 2020, just kidding however my year started very differently from my other years. Firstly; at the end of 2019, I felt I had finally finished the longest journey of my life. I was finally done with school, after a rocky 7 years of studying. I just wanted my 2019 to end on a peaceful note. Fortunately, out of the clear blue my parents and younger brother decided to spend New Year’s Eve in J

THE BEGINNING OF LIFELONG JOURNEY

  My name is Zenani and I am a blogger, I started blogging back in 2017 while I was in University. Back then, I did not really know what to blog about, my content was all over the place, My blog style ranged from fashion, music and celebrities etc. However I was never consistent with my writing because I was really insecure about my ability to write and to produce fresh and new content for my audience. Due to my insecurities, I stopped blogging for an entire year, mostly because I became afraid of just writing, I wanted to be so perfect in my writing and the burden of that expectation steered me further away from the writing, even though I always had this nagging feeling to continue writing, I just could not bring myself to actually do it, I think a lot of writers can relate to that. I knew that eventually I would have to get back to writing, because it is something I genuinely love but really struggle with, so in 2020 I was planning a comeback and then the pandemic happened so I tho

MY PREGNANCY STORY...IT WAS LIKE A TLC STORY PART. 2

  Hey Mamas!  My first trimester was a freak show, I have never vomited so much in my life before and that is coming from someone who used to vomit easily during childhood. I remember the very last day I vomited, I had just come back from the chiropractor because my back had been hurting for a couple of days therefore I went to get a medical-massage. On the way back home I told my parents I was feeling nauseous again, and I had only had an orange for breakfast that morning. I started feeling woozy, luckily I knew I could hold it in until we got home.  Unfortunately, my mother decided to take a detour and asked that we stop at the Butchery. I stayed in the car with my dad, because she was not gonna take long. When the car stopped, I felt better, but about a couple of minutes, after my mom left the car, I felt the vomit come up quickly so I quickly jumped out of the car and vomited.  The Butchery is situated near an open field and I was able to calculate where to vomit. I had to calculat