Skip to main content

MY PREGNANCY STORY...IT WAS LIKE A TLC STORY PART. 2

 

Hey Mamas! 

My first trimester was a freak show, I have never vomited so much in my life before and that is coming from someone who used to vomit easily during childhood. I remember the very last day I vomited, I had just come back from the chiropractor because my back had been hurting for a couple of days therefore I went to get a medical-massage. On the way back home I told my parents I was feeling nauseous again, and I had only had an orange for breakfast that morning. I started feeling woozy, luckily I knew I could hold it in until we got home. 


Unfortunately, my mother decided to take a detour and asked that we stop at the Butchery. I stayed in the car with my dad, because she was not gonna take long. When the car stopped, I felt better, but about a couple of minutes, after my mom left the car, I felt the vomit come up quickly so I quickly jumped out of the car and vomited. 


The Butchery is situated near an open field and I was able to calculate where to vomit. I had to calculate where to vomit because there was a man there selling fruits and veggies in a trolley and he had placed his cart next to the tree on the field, so I did not want to vomit near his product, so I went on the other side of the tree. 


Did that man not try to argue with me while I am vomiting that I should go vomit somewhere else, imagine being in a whole argument with someone while your stomach is forcefully emptying itself. When I tell you I was so far from his cart, believe me, and the worst part is that I made sure to vomit where the burned grass was bushy but Mr. man was not having it.


I went back to the car but round two came back faster than I anticipated, and I had to run out of the car again, but this time I vomited in a bush on the opposite side of that cart and its owner, this time another man came up to me and just as I was about to tell him off, he offered me water to rinse out my mouth, shame you could tell he was concerned, while vomit striker stood there disgusted. 


 Some more days went by and in the middle of May  I started feeling more energized and a whole lot better, at the time I took it as a sign that the depo was finally wearing off and I was excited to be out of that nightmare. The one day that made me believe the depo was wearing off was one morning when I was about to take a  bath and felt a sudden wet sensation running down my leg, when I looked down it was a gush of blood trickling down my leg. 


Since I did not know I was pregnant, I thought it was my flow coming back. I remember I went to buy more sanitary pads because I thought my flow was going to last longer than usual due to it being gone for so long, however, I never saw it again after that day. At the time I just thought it would come back properly the following month, Now knowing that I was pregnant, I realize that it was concerning because again who knows what could have happened to the baby. God had been so merciful to me and the baby during that time.


June rolls by and I was just a ball of energy, and on the 11th of June 2020, my partner and I started a fruit and veg market business in our neighborhood.  All of that energy was put into the business, originally my job there was to just count stock but somehow I ended up being the one doing the heavy-duty work like carrying the heavy palettes back in storage at knock-off time, whereas we had hired two people to help me with that when my partner had not yet knocked off from work.


The reason I ended just being all hands on deck is that I felt the two guys were not as invested as they claimed and I felt they were going to sink our business real quick, also people tend to underestimate me, I like it like that, however, I was determined to keep this business afloat because I knew that if I worked hard, it would open other opportunities for us. So  I worked and did everything myself, I waited for nobody to help me, keep in mind we were paying these people and I had not even enjoyed the fruits of my labor, though the business did well in a short space of time, it was physically and emotionally draining.


I remember this one week, the weather was just bad, wind snow rain everything, and I decided to keep working. The market, in physical form, was held up by two large wood panels and a net, so there was not much protection from the rain and snow. That particular day I was all alone at the market because the person who was working for us bailed on us and my partner was at work, so the wind was so strong that, those panels fell, and I had no choice but to fix it. Those big panels could easily weigh 15kg+ and here I was picking them up and securing them with rocks that could easily weigh 25kg max all by my pregnant self. 


This business had me behaving like a madwoman. After picking up those panels, It had started snowing and I had to push a trolley full of fruits and veggies all the way home, if I was a bodybuilder used to carry that weight  I guess it would have been fine, but for me, it was too strenuous for someone pregnant.


The thing about me is that, I am lazy 99% of the time, but when I work I work and I put my all into whatever I do and I do it well. After that week, my mother and aunt were really upset with how hard I was working, and they decided to buy me out, boooy I was pissed, to say the least, because at the time I thought they were just overreacting, I was determined to make this business work but it was exhausting and I was not listening to my body or anyone for that matter, so they bought me out lol.


Because I was forced out, we got a new person to work in my place, and I was home more often, I just went in the morning to count stock and in the evening at closing time. In the meantime, I used this extra time to finally rest, after a brutal month and a half, this is when my body starting feeling heavy, but I thought that it was due to the exhaustion of working too hard.


Around this time is when I started noticing the little changes in how my body felt. I remember this one morning, I was trying to tie my shoes, and wow, what a struggle it was because I could not reach my shoes. I had to stand in a different way to tie them, I found it to be strange that I was so out of breath for tying my shoes, I am not the fittest person in the world and  I have never had a flat stomach my whole life but I have never had a problem with tying my shoes. 


My partner had also just bought a hoodie a month earlier and I just remember not understanding why it was suddenly so tight around my belly, at the time though I was still not thinking about pregnancy, believe me when I say the pregnancy was the last thing on my mind.


There was this one day, I had completely taken a day off from the market and decided to spend my day sleeping and my cousin came to visit me, and she was telling me about this mouse at her house that kept appearing out of nowhere and seemed to only harass her. She proceeded to tell me the superstition her dad told her, that if there is a mouse in the house, someone in the family. I just remember laughing and trying to predict who could be pregnant, because I told her that it was not me this time. I was so sure it is laughable now when I think of it, I had her and myself convinced that that mouse was not pointing at me.


In Mid-July I was no longer at the business much but I still went for moral support. I was noticing more changes in my body, e.g  I would get so tired from just walking anywhere, literally, I would have to stop walking now and then to breathe and I just could not understand why I was so unfit. I also started feeling bloated and every time I drank Citro soda or Ino, which normally helps, it would feel like my stomach was on fire, nothing was helping this bloated feeling.


Finally, we get to the part, you all have been waiting for.

But you have to wait for part 3 because I am far from being done *wink wink*


 

From Me to You with big love 

uMama khaZimkhitha  


Comment_Like_Share




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY PREGNANCY STORY...IT WAS LIKE A TLC STORY PART. 1

 Hey Mamas ! I was thinking of the best way to begin our blossoming relationship on this Mommy So Cool blog and I figured we should take it back to how it all started. I am going to tell you my pregnancy story, trust me it is a good one so I suggest you grab some popcorn and some milk for the baby and read on. I am going to start from the very beginning before the time I conceived, this background information is vital in highlighting the unusual events before the pregnancy. Disclaimer: a whole lot of vomit talk   This is simply to give you a glimpse of where my mindset was, at the time. It was the year 2020, just kidding however my year started very differently from my other years. Firstly; at the end of 2019, I felt I had finally finished the longest journey of my life. I was finally done with school, after a rocky 7 years of studying. I just wanted my 2019 to end on a peaceful note. Fortunately, out of the clear blue my parents and younger brother decided to spend New Year’s Eve in J

THE BEGINNING OF LIFELONG JOURNEY

  My name is Zenani and I am a blogger, I started blogging back in 2017 while I was in University. Back then, I did not really know what to blog about, my content was all over the place, My blog style ranged from fashion, music and celebrities etc. However I was never consistent with my writing because I was really insecure about my ability to write and to produce fresh and new content for my audience. Due to my insecurities, I stopped blogging for an entire year, mostly because I became afraid of just writing, I wanted to be so perfect in my writing and the burden of that expectation steered me further away from the writing, even though I always had this nagging feeling to continue writing, I just could not bring myself to actually do it, I think a lot of writers can relate to that. I knew that eventually I would have to get back to writing, because it is something I genuinely love but really struggle with, so in 2020 I was planning a comeback and then the pandemic happened so I tho